Are you interested in living at Startblok? Do you want to live with Dutch youngsters and status-holders and contribute to a community to build a future together? Depending on your situation, you can apply in several different ways. Please take note that in order to build a successful community we carefully select each tenant.
- Status-holders who received an invitation for this project need to be selected by the COA and the Municipality of Amsterdam.
- Status-holders staying at the AZC in Amsterdam or anywhere else in the Netherlands without an invitation have to get selected by the Municipality of Amsterdam. At the moment their waiting list is full and is it unfortunately not possible to subscribe to their list. When the waiting list will be available again, it will appear on this page.
- Status-holders that already have a residence in the Netherlands (not in the AZC) can apply by subscribing to the waiting list, just like the young people from the Netherlands.
- Are you from abroad, staying in the Netherlands for work or study activities? You can also subscribe to our waiting list and follow the same procedure as young people from the Netherlands.*
* Please note that the main goal of Startblok is to build a community, so the duration of your stay is of importance when we make selections. When your stay is short, we believe this might not be best for the social cohesion and the continuation of the project.
Interested in living at Startblok?
Check whether you can apply to live in Startblok Riekerhaven
- You are between the age of 18 and 27 years old
- You are socially involved and the concept of Startblok excites you!J
- You are either studying or working and you can proof
you are not earning more than € 38.035 a year, before taxes.
When we are looking for new neighbours at Startblok Riekerhaven, an advertisement will be listed on Woningnet. Enroll to this advertisement and we will send you an invitation to our mandatory information meetings!
At the information information you will hear everything about the concept of Startblok Riekerhaven. We will show you the houses and you can ask everything you want.
Do you still want to live at Startblok? Great! After you have attended the information meeting we will ask you to fill in a form in which you give us your motivation to live at Startblok.
We will select our new neighbours based on these motivations.
Within a short amount of time, we will let you know whether you are selected to live at Startblok Riekerhaven. You will get on our shortlist and as soon as there is a place available, we will tell you when you can move in!
If you are selected, we need you to give us some documents, like a testimony about your income. We will tell you more when you get selected. After you give us the information we need, we will invite you for a date to sign your brand new contract!
You can sign your contract! Our administration manager will help you with the contract and you will get more information about practical matters at Riekerhaven. You can see your house. You might get the keys directly, or you will set the date.
Meet your hallway, hallwaymanager and all your new neighbours. Have fun at Startblok!